After Noah & Johnny went to sleep last night I stayed up a while longer and made several things for our handmade Christmas. (2 christmas tree skirts, snow globes, and my last stocking) I’m nearly done Christmas crafting with the exception of one small thing for our kitchen tablescape.
Anyhoo, I’ve been seeing these homemade snowglobes all over pinterest & instagram so I decided to jump on the bandwagon & make them too! To make these it cost me a whopping $2. Hobby Lobby & the Dollar tree have small packages of these (3-5 to a package) for a dollar each. I bought some about a month ago, because I knew that when I finally would get around to making them (now) they would probably all be gone in the stores. Which they are. Michaels probably has some but they are more expensive.
To make You need:
  • Tiny Christmas Trees
  • Foam Brush
  • Mason Jar or Any kind of Jar with a lid (I used one pickle jar & one mason)
  • Mod Podge (or any craft glue would probably work too)
  • Glitter
  • hot glue gun
  • Spray paint or Red Fabric if you use anything other than a mason jar
  • Plastic Bag
Open your plastic bag to put your materials in so that you wont get glitter everywhere. Then grab your foam brush with some (not a lot) mod podge on it & brush your tree with glue. Then sprinkle your glitter over the tree(s). I used tinsel white glitter. My sweet sister in law, Preslie, sent me a wonderful box full of great crafting & sewing supplies a few weeks ago. So sweet!! In her care package was white tinsel glitter!
While you let all of your trees dry go ahead and clean your jars with some all purpose pledge or windex to make them extra pretty!
Once the Trees are dry, position them inside the lid of the jar to be sure of where you want them to go, how they will fit, and make sure the lid will close. Then once you know  the position for your tree, dab some hot glue to the bottom of the tree, and then glue it to the inside of your lid. The picture above is the one I used for my mason jar. (If you know me, you know that I’m crazy for mason jars!! I use them for drinking glasses, to give gifts in, storage, vase for flowers etc.. So I decided to use one of them for one of the snow globes)
For My Pickle Jar I didn’t feel like spray painting because it was 9 pm so I opted to cover the lid with fabric. Just put a generous helping of mod podge onto the lid and then cover with your piece of fabric. Let it dry.
Once it was dry then I glued the trees onto the lid & poured some glitter into the jars for some snow!!
I also decided to add some pretty red ribbon (that was also in my care package from Preslie) around the bottoms of the jars :)
These were so easy to make. I think I will probably make some more to put in Noah’s room too.
Happy Holidays!!!
p.s. here is my sweet christmas baby napping while I blog