Thursday, March 29, 2012

Forget the Sugar Coat

Mommytalk
This week has been kinda a rough one. Every time the week is rough it seems as if being a mommy becomes more of a job instead of a love. The truth is, I adore being a mommy. I can't get enough hugs & kisses from my little boy in a hour. More truth, 80% of the time Noah is snuggly, happy, and obeys well. Even more truth, Monday - Wednesday I caught myself noticing the 20% of my challenging toddler more than the 80% of my sweet boy.


(at story time)

Lately Noah seems to be learning how to argue and push in the area of obedience more than he ever has before. I am learning right along side him how to respond to him. The good thing about being a praying momma is that I can ask the Lord to help me out. I have been asking God to give me wisdom & a greater desire for patience with my little guy. 




(bought Noah his 1st water gun this week)


I enjoy my Noah so very much. The last thing I want is to become a stressed out, overwhelmed, hot mess of a momma the second my week is getting rocky. Especially because I know that my toddler is in the process of learning how to obey. 


I have the privilege to stay at home with him so part of my responsibilities include teaching him the love of the Lord & the gifts of the Holy Spirit. 


My prayer & scripture this week has been on repeat. Colossians 3:12, "Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted, mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience."

 God is teaching me a whole new level of patience, love, mercy, and kindness in so many areas of life right now.
Be encouraged, your not the only momma that feels this way from time to time. 

~Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Enjoy Hearing From You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...