Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Pinteresting Day

Crock-pot Chicken Tacos

I'm a Texas girl who loves Mexican food. I married an Iowa boy who did not grow up on enchiladas, tacos, and burrito bowls like this girl did. Johnny has grown to love this food just as much as his wife does. This makes my heart happy. 

A popular recipe on Pinterest has turned prep time for cooking up some yummy mexican food down to nothing. The last few weeks I have made these Chicken Tacos posted on Chocolate Therapy four times already! I made them last Thursday night for our home group & they were a hit. The picture does not do them justice.


 Ingredients
Chicken (I used dark meat boneless & skinless)
1 packet of taco seasoning (I used chicken)
1 jar of salsa (any kinda)

All you do is throw them in a crock-pot turn turn it to low & cook for a few hours. That is it! The best thing about this recipe is that it is versatile. I took the mixture and made chimichangas, rice bowls, enchilada pasta, nachos and grilled sandwiches with it throughout the week. We make cilantro lime rice and a corn salsa that is wonderful with it too. 

Pinterest Inspired Pasta Enchiladas 
I used the Chicken Taco Recipe above, from Chocolate Therapies Recipe Box, and then combined it with the 4 ingredients below. 

Cook your pasta, saute your onions, throw the chicken mixture in and pour enchilada sauce over it. Top with 1/2 a cup of mexican cheese. Dinner for friends & family is ready!! 


In case your wondering, One cup is 300 calories! Top with low fat sour cream for a few more. 



Try this two in one recipe for easy cooking, lots of leftovers, and a guaranteed way to make everyone happy!
~Brit

4 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    I just stumbled upon your blog this evening.
    I must say that that food looks soo good!
    I love mexican food, which probably stems from being half cuban.
    But srsly, who wouldn't love mexican food?!!
    I will have to add some pins to my pinterest, as well.
    Have a wonderful night!
    much love, colie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I only know a few people who are not crazy about Mexican food. I think it's a rare thing. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That enchilada pasta looks delish! Two of my favorite things, mexican food and pasta! Definitely will be trying it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I thought it would be the perfect combo! :)

      Delete

Always Enjoy Hearing From You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...