Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Relentless Pursuit of My Heart

Sunday night Johnny was sleep so we went to bed. He quickly fell asleep & I turned on the bedside lamp for a few hours. I started reading a bit & then decided to play Audrey Assad while journaling. We bought her cd a few weeks ago but I hadn't really made the time to listen to it yet.


My heart was immediately captured by this song, Wherever You Go, the lyrics are so beautiful. Click here to listen to her sing it. I must have listened to this song for over two hours on repeat. I love these specific lyrics above because lately I just keep telling the Lord that regardless of life I will always follow after Him because I know He has always been in relentless pursuit of my heart even during moments when I ran from Him. For that, I am so grateful. I love that even as I believe that I have given every single part of me (& my life) over to God, He keeps showing me areas that I need to work on. Even the things I thought I had buried. Sometimes it is not always easy to realize that there are areas of my life that still need to be worked on. The truth is I will forever be growing. Becoming the person God has called me to be. My prayer is that I never stop growing. If I'm not growing then I am not living.

Often, if songs are on my heart it is because they coincide with my prayers. So the last 4 years instead of just listening to them I journal their lyrics into my prayer journal. If you have never done this, you should give it a try! It will bless you. You might feel silly at first, but it will pass & you will enjoy it. Sometimes when I go back over my journal a few weeks later, the lyrics I’ve journaled seem to jump off the pages & back into my heart at the perfect moment.



 Happy Birthday To My Momma.

Yesterday was her birthday & after church on sunday her & my dad passed through town to stop by. 

It was really nice to have them with us, even if it was only for 2 hours. We got to sing happy birthday, have some cake, and she opened her present from us. Noah also enjoyed some snuggle time with the Grammy & Campy.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Enjoy Hearing From You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...