Wednesday, April 18, 2012

1 of Those Days ...but with a Recipe

Yesterday was, one of those days. We had 3 major spills, a pop tart smeared all over the couch, I burnt nearly an entire package of bacon, the smoke detector sounded 5 times, and I still can not get Noah to eat anything. Oh my!

It is all good though. It was still a good day. I've been wanting to make a recipe, Stuffed Breakfast Bubble Biscuits, that I found via Pinterest from Riches to Rags Blog for about a week now. Hers look amazing but I decided to make a much lighter version of them. I left out the hash browns, a lot of the cheese, didn't use as much bacon, & used half egg whites and they still were very yummy!

Lighter Version of the Stuffed Breakfast Bubble Biscuits by Riches to Rags
11 buttermilk grande biscuits (1 and 1/2 cans)
1/3 cup of Skim Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 tablespoon skim milk (for fluffy eggs)
3 pieces of cooked bacon
4 Eggs
4 Egg Whites

Preparation
Before scrambling the eggs be sure to add the milk to them and set aside 1 tablespoon of egg wash. Cook your bacon (don't burn it like I did). Set aside each to cool off a bit. 
Resist the urge to notice my horribly ugly pan & go straight to flattening out the biscuits & distributing the eggs, bacon, and cheese between them. I chose to make 8 with the eggs, cheese, and bacon mixture and 3 with just eggs (in the hopes Noah would eat them, didn't happen). Wrap them all up & use your fingers or a brush to lightly coat them with egg wash.
yuck. burnt bacon on my new pan.

No worries, Noah did not touch anything being cooked but he did whine ask to be held while I was making them. Plus, he's just so sweet that I needed to look at his little face. I cooked the biscuits on 375 for twelve minutes. Flipping them once at 8 minutes to evenly brown. 
These were so yummy at 237 calories per biscuit. One of these is plenty for me. Johnny had a few & I wrapped up the rest to freeze for later. After putting away 2 baskets of laundry, cleaning up all the spills & messes, tidying up the kitchen, and having play time with Noah by noon I finally sat down to enjoy my cup of coffee & one of these for lunch with Johnny. 
~Brit


Link Up





featured button


3 comments:

  1. Great post! Your son is so cuuuute!!
    Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really good, think I might give them a try. Cute pic of your little helper :)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Always Enjoy Hearing From You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...