Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I can Hear those Wedding Bells


Today my husband & I celebrate 3 years of marriage. I love it! It has seriously been a crazy last few years & we know that we have experienced way more than most couples do by this point in their marriage. There have been times that have been so overwhelming but we are grateful for those. They have developed us into the strong God centered couple that we are today. Today we are going to lunch together to celebrate over Sushi, hitting up a thrift shop, and then dream a little about the direction of our marriage. God has laid some things on our hearts to begin in our marriage & I look forward to sharing them with you soon (probably next week). For now I am reminiscing about a wonderful day 3 years ago... on May 16th in La Grange on a beautiful cool Texas evening with just me, my man, and 60 of our favorite people. Let me show you what I'm day dreaming about... 

Walking to meet my man to, At Last, by Etta James. First time our eyes met on May 16th...
Oh, I just LOVE his reaction to seeing me. He thought I looked pretty ;)
I am thankful that not only did we say personal vows to one another but my sweet man surprised me with a song he wrote for me on our special day. We also incorporated some worship & prayer with our parents into our ceremony. Such a sweet moment.
After the, I do's. Let me tell ya something, these two were some happy people! We could not stop smiling if you paid us to!
I adore the way this guy loves me. God is faithful. 
I love that we toasted with Dr. Pepper on our wedding day. Totally us. Everyone else enjoyed it too!
We had a blast taking silly photos with our sweet friends & family in the bridal partay. ha!

I love that my daddy & I danced together!

My momma. Goodness she is a pretty lady.

Our Wedding Day is such a special day to us. We often talk about how much fun we had. I am so thankful that we were not stressed out or worried about everything on that day. Instead, we had a blast & just rolled with whatever went wrong & were thankful for all the details that were perfect. I love my man so much. He is still my happy today just like he was on the very first day that I met him. I am so excited about where we are at in life as a couple. God is doing some cool things in our relationship & I am enjoying it!

I better go get ready for my hot date with my husband. He is picking me up for sushi in an hour! 
~Brit

4 comments:

  1. Aw! Britt... I loved this post so much!
    Happy Anniversary, sweet friend.
    I hope it was as wonderful as your wedding day!!
    This post actually gives me hope that one day the man God has for me will come along when the time is right!
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    much love.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady! And God totally has your man already picked out for you! :)

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness, that picture of when your husband sees you for the first time is AMAZING! so precious! excited to get to know you more:) love Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I just love that picture. So thankful the photographer was able to capture it! Looking forward to getting to know you as well. Just read your love story & it is so amazing.

      Delete

Always Enjoy Hearing From You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...