Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Celebrate. Never Silent.

My words for the new year came at the beginning of the month while spending some alone time with the Lord at our kitchen table. I desperately needed some encouragement from the Lord. 
my healer, my savior, the one who truly renews my strength. makes me brave. 
the one who has held me tightly the last 4 months, whispering in my ear, 
"I have you" in moments when my health felt uncertain. 

Noah was sitting across from me coloring.
Olivia was snuggled up to my chest in the sling.
I simply asked the Lord to guide my time with him and he led me to Psalm 30.
I read it all. I've read it before. 

This morning was very different.
This time the words - my worship to the Lord. 
The words were crying out from every ounce of me.
I read it all to Noah, not sure if he would actually listen. He did. 
His response, "Oh Mommy that makes my heart very happy. Read it again."

Psalm 30:1-3
I will exalt you Lord, for you rescued me. You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.
O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you restored my health. You brought me up
from falling into the pit of death. 
....
vs. 8 
I cried out to you, O Lord.
I begged the Lord for mercy saying, 
"What you will gain if I die, if I sink into the grave? 
Can my dust praise you?
Can it tell of your faithfulness?

vs. 10
Hear me, Lord, and have mercy on me. Help me, O Lord."
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with Joy,

vs. 12 
that I might sing praises to you and not be Silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
....
2014 is a year for me to Celebrate. Never be Silent. 
My God is my healer. 
Year after year. Day after day.
He has rescued me many times when the enemy 
has tried his very best to triumph over me. 
God has set me free. 
Giving me new praises each day.
Called me to trust me. 
To be brave in him.

So, how can I be Silent? 
I'm ready for this year of exploring every avenue the Lord presents for me to share him.
His life. salvation. his mercies. joys. healing. faithfulness. 
To celebrate his goodness with grace in little & big ways in my everyday life. 

 It is possible to celebrate life.
Celebrate God even when all the things aren't just as we may want them to be. 
It is a season to celebrate. Right where we are. Right in the midst of it all. 
Thankful for a God who is constantly doing a new thing in each of us. If we just let him.

~brit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Enjoy Hearing From You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...