Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Brown Sugar Buttermilk Cakes

Over the last year I've started baking nearly everything from scratch. It taste so much better than anything packaged in the stores, its way cheaper, and I love baking with my kids. Every time I bake with out fail I always create the biggest mess and my husband always gives me this look to say, oh babe, as he goes behind me cleaning up. Love him. 

Noah always wants to add fresh fruit to everything when we bake, thats what he is doing in the picture above. Trying to convince me to put blueberries & raspberries in the pancake batter. I let him put them in his own! I've been trying out different pancake recipes over the last few months and this one was one of my favorites with brown sugar, buttermilk, and maple syrup. Click here to see the recipe on Grand Baby Cakes where I found it. 

Recipe 
1 1/3 c. flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 tbsp. brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 c. plus 4 tbsp. buttermilk
4 tbps. soft butter
1 teaspoon vanilla 

Mix the dry ingredients together & then mix in the wet gradually to form the batter. The batter was a bit runny so I put it in the fridge for a bit to thicken before cooking on the griddle. 
Bake & sprinkle with syrup or powdered sugar. Enjoy with some blueberries if you wish!

After a late breakfast on Saturday we enjoyed playing in the pool & sitting under the shade enjoying some fruit. Love these summer memories with our littles.
~brit


4 comments:

  1. Oh my .. vanilla and brown sugar! That has got to be a good pancake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious pancake, Your kiddos are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! THEY LOOK SOO GOOD!

    XoXo Marie
    laylamichael.blogspot.com
    Lets swap ads?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man i need this in my belly now!! ;)


    Nightchayde

    ReplyDelete

Always Enjoy Hearing From You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...