Monday, December 31, 2012

Year In Review

I love New Years. I really do. I love making the list of New Years Resolutions, slow dancing with my husband at midnight, and even being annoyed with the neighbors for all the loud fireworks that are probably illegal. Just saying. 
This picture was taken about a year ago.
Over the last few years I have truly grown to love & look forward to New Years Eve because I enjoy taking some time to evaluate everything the Lord has done in our lives. The places he has taken us physically and spiritually. It is incredible to stop while reflecting on how good & faithful he has been to us. Today I'm going through some of my favorite blog post from this past year. My favorite posts are always the most honest, ugly, and the ones where God was truly moving in my heart & our families lives. Funny how that is huh?
Even Now, A post of just reflecting on everything the Lord has brought us through. I am so blown away sometimes by life. Our life. My Life. Everything he has brought me through & where he has placed my feet now, spiritually speaking. 
The Lord truly has grown my faith so much this year. I thought last year we stretch & grew so much, little did I know that the Lord was just getting us ready to have our world shaken up. 
Relentless Pursuit of My Heart, Three ConfessionsAgain & Again.  In April the Lord really started to shake me up. Shake my faith up in ways that I never could have imagined. Here & there I started to open up about everything the Lord was speaking in my heart. 
In May, I got Real. Really Real...
with this post here, Life as The Wife. My room often looks like this. It does. Its reality. Its life. I'm okay with that. The Life of The Way Post shared a little more than you were expecting. 
Little Man Vintage Birthday Party in May!
 In this Post Here, I shared fun things from his party. Can not believe he turned two in May. Time is Flying. I am so blessed to call Noah my baby boy! He is truly one of a kind, fun, joyful, lovable, and the most precious little man in the world.
In July, Clothes on Repeat. Confessing how I'm the worlds worst for wearing clothes out! I wear them over & over & over again. For real!
In July, I went to Haiti. The Lord completely opened my heart to love in new ways. Johnny & I have a love for children that we never thought was possible. We have a heart to serve in missions overseas at some point in our lives. God did so much within us. I am not naive to believe that we left Haiti making a deep impact. I know that we made a small difference, but more than anything the Lord showed us plans for our lives that we now can prepare for. The Lord's plans are exciting. We are looking forward to going back to Haiti in 2013.


I shared about Haiti often.  A few,  Here & Here & Here.
In October I went to Influence, here. 
That was such a blast & I'm hoping to get to go back in 2013.

In November I had this really lovely party here for some of my favorite ladies!

Throughout November & December the Lord has shown me all about Grace. Here & Here. Obviously, as a believer I know all about Gods grace in giving his precious son Jesus to die for me. my sins. my ugliness. But there are leaps & bounds and depths of grace that I will forever be learning about. I am sure of this. There will never be a day in my life where I can say, "well I know totally understand Grace & everything it encompasses" nope. Not going to happen. Friends to be honest, I don't think there is a single one of us who will fully comprehend, know, and show Grace the way the Lord intends us to. Guess what? Thats okay. I am so excited about growing in grace even more in 2013!

I love New Years. As I'm writing this blog post I'm so grateful for a year of learning & growing in the Lord. Growing as a wife, mommy, friend, daughter, sister, and servant. I'm excited to write down all the ways I desire the Lord to move in my heart & life this coming year. I'm ready for more of his goodness & faithfulness. Even when life is hard sometimes, I know the Lord is working.

Happy New Years Friends!
~Brit

Oh, I'm linking up here for Year In Review!
Covered in Grace






6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you shared one of these! How cute! =) So fun to look back and see what you wrote about before I starting reading your blog =)
    Much Love girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) At first I wasn't going to but then I kinda had fun doing it. lol

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your post and love your blog! Your newest follower.

    Happy New Year!

    Kathy @ www.lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by Kathy! Heading over to your blog :)

      Delete
  3. Brit,

    Thanks for your comment. I do remember meeting you at influence...it seems like that weekend was a blur of new faces and amazing ideas. I love your idea of the year end review and what looks like some awesome party decorating techniques on your part! :)

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady. Oh, my. I know that weekend was a big wonderful blur. Over the last few months I've tried to go back through business cards & notes I took to try to remember sweet ladies I didn't want to forget to look up. Thanks for stopping by. Happy New Year!

      Delete

Always Enjoy Hearing From You.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...